Summer's here, and we here at Lana's shop want you to get the most out it! Here's some ideas to make this summer the most memorable one!
The weather is warm, the sun is out, and it's a great time to get outside and find what inspires you. Planning on sticking close to home this summer? Why not take a little road trip to your local mountains, lake or beach. Stick your toes in the sand, hug a tree! Take some photographs so you can look back and remember why nature inspires you.
My brother and his family are coming into the town for the 4th and it will be their first time meeting Silas. We can hardly wait! My parents live on an epic lake in Boulder, and I’m pretty sure we’ll be hanging there the whole time. The community puts on a cute parade and my dad sets up a root beer float station. Really looking forward to it all. How about you?
Are you planning that epic 4th of July backyard BBQ that people talk about for weeks after? Why not come up with a cocktail contest! Have a few of your guests mix their own cocktails, name it, then have a blind taste test to see which one tastes the yummiest!!
Here's a great refreshing drink recipe to get you started!
Huckleberry Lemonade Cocktail
- 2 ounces potato vodka (preferably Colorado’s own Woody Creek 100% potato vodka)
- 4 ounces fresh lemonade
- 2 ounces limoncello
- ½ teaspoon huckleberry jam
- Lemon twist
How to make it
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, lemonade, and limoncello over ice and shake to cool.
- Add the huckleberry jam to a highball glass with ice. Strain in the cocktail over the fresh ice and swirl with a spoon to mix.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and fresh thyme.
Let's get this summer started! Hugs,